The Story of Latham House – The Story of Latham House, Crickhowell by Tim and Serena Raikes (2010).
The history of the important Georgian town house in the heart of Crickhowell.
The prominent Vaughan, Cracroft and Rumsey families were involved in the 18th century, the Lathams whose name is today attached to the house, not coming onto the scene until 1815 when Joseph Latham, of the Beaufort Ironworks bought it.
Later occupants have included the town’s well-known medical officer, Dr Philip Hill from the 1870s to 1930, Thomas Watkins the Llangattock canal-linked contractor and more recently the eccentric Malcolm Paton.
This short history of Latham House is well illustrated and delightfully written by the current owners.