The Archive Centre receives no public funding of any kind and totally relies on donations to continue.
Aims and objectives
- To facilitate and undertake local and family history research
- To provide a repository for archive material relating to this area
- To collect additional archive material and publications relevant to this area
- To encourage people of all ages to take an interest in local and family history
Why we need Friends of the archive
As a Friend, you will be helping us to achieve our objectives and demonstrate your support for our aims. Friends will receive a regular newsletter outlining progress and highlighting recent projects.
Subscription rates (due annually on 1 May)
Individual Membership: £10
Overseas Membership: £10 (newsletter sent by email)
Become a volunteer
Do you have a passion for history or for our local area? Do you want to use that passion and knowledge to help others? Our volunteers work on- and off-site in a variety of roles.
You could …
- help run the office during opening hours
- organise, catalogue or digitise our records
- research enquiries from the public
- get involved in writing, editing and producing our range of publications
and much more!
Please call 01873 810 922 or use the online form on the contact page.